Here is a recap of the meeting we had on August 8:
1. QuiltCon schedules are out.
Registration for the event opens August 30. Quilt entries open on August
1. Enter by sending a photo. Our own Heather Jones is a guest lecturer, and
Denyse Schmidt is the keynote speaker.
2. Pillowcases were donated for ConKerr. Looks like we made our goal of 100 pillowcases! Great job everyone.
3. The application to participate in Crafty Supermarket was turned in. If accepted, we will request donations of completed handmade items by our members to sell as a fundraiser for our guild.
4. We had 29 attendees at the Faith Jones workshop in July. Thanks to everyone who participated!
5. The Global Innovations reception for our guild's show is August 16 from 5-7 p.m.
6. The guild swapped fabric scrap bags. The September swap is a potholder. Bring one, take one.
7. The group did show and tell.
8. Several members demonstrated various paper-piecing techniques and tools. Members walked around to three different demonstrators sewing tables, which were set up with machines and supplies so people could see a block being sewn from start to finish.