Here is a recap of the fantastic meeting we had on June 13 at Centennial Barn!
Andie reported on the following upcoming events:
- QuiltCon is in Austin in Feb. 2013
- Faith from Fresh Lemons blog will visit our guild on Sat., July 14 to discuss improv piecing. Additional details to follow.
- Our summer charity outreach is for ConKerr Cancer. Our goal is to make 100 pillowcases by the August meeting. If each member makes 3-4 cases, we will reach our goal! Bring washed pillowcases to the July and August meetings each in their own ZipLock baggies.
- NQA is June 14-16 in Columbus
- Amy and David Butler will be at Sewn Studios on Fri., June 22
- The Sharonville Creative Festival is on June 28 at the Sharonville Convention Center
- We have been invited to display the modern take on the Ohio Star exhibit at the Quilting with Machines show in Huron.
This month's swap was a Tote Bag. Next month is a whole-cloth quilt, at least 8-1/2" x 11".
The meeting attendees broke into small groups and answered the question: What are the two most pressing sewing projects you have going on right now.
The group did Show and Tell. Pictures can be found on our Flickr page.
Victoria led a Prairie Points tutorial.