CMQG is very excited to host Faith Jones of Fresh Lemons!
July 14, 2012 10am-2:30ish
Fairfield Child Development Center (directions here)
Free for CMQG members
$15 for non-members
Limit of 30 participants
BYOLunch and beverages - kitchen and refrigerator available
Please email email@example.com to reserve your spot.
- Students will create Improvisational Log Cabins for use in a pillow, mini quilt or larger quilt.
- Improvisational piecing
- Curved piecing
- Learn how to piece together blocks of various shapes and sizes
- Non traditional layout ideas
- Fabric selection (warm/cool, solids/prints, light/dark)
- Strips and large scraps of solid or small scale prints (Suggestion: choose monochromatic prints - mostly 1 color or various shades of 1 color). Minimum width of fabric should be 2". Please bring a selection of warm (yellows, reds, pinks, oranges) and cool (blues, greens, purples) fabric OR a selection of light and dark fabrics.
- At least 1 yard of neutral/background/sashing fabric
- Sewing machine
- Rotary cutter and cutting mat
**If you have an iron and ironing board you don't mind bringing to share with the class, it would be so helpful.