· Thank you to those who participated in the Sew-In last month.
o We completed 10 quilt tops for Quilts for Kids
o Discussion of sew-ins: attendance has been low, so we may possibly drop to 3 a year, or maybe a Friday or Saturday night sew-in and potluck.
· Let Heather know if you would like to be involved/coordinate the Quilters SOS interviews for the CMQG.
o Project of the Alliance for American Quilts
o The interview, audio and transcription are then archived at the American Folklife Center at the Library of Congress
o It would be a large task to undertake, but I think it would be really great for all of us to document our stories
· You’ve got a couple more weeks to get your Challenge 4 quilts in! Deadline is 9/30
· Post cards—we have more if you need them.
· Membership cards were passed out.
· Jo-Ann’s discount cards
o Save 10% off purchase. Enroll online, here’s the link http://www.joann.com/joann/common/content_custservice.jsp?catName=discountCardForm
o Takes 3-4 weeks to get card.
· Kona Challenge
o Help us decide what you’d like to do and what colorway you’d like!
§ Vote on blog
Centennial Barn Harvest Festival; Sunday October 16. Guild agreed to participate in this event as a fundraiser. People will donate items to booth to raise money for the guild. Maybe bring 1-2 items to donate. Volunteers would be needed to man booth. Items could be brought to next meeting. $10 to sign up for a booth (paid). Sign-ups for booth on blog to volunteer for times and items to bring.
· IQF show next April.
§ Holly had suggested that we might want to do a modern rendition of a traditional block
§ Ohio theme?
§ Or, should we all work with the goal of creating something that will be displayed together as a group in an exhibition
- Each create something on our own, but with a very common theme that is determined by the ultimate goal of grouping them together to form an art installation
- Ideas discussed at meeting: Maybe take different pics of landmarks
and make quilts inspired by it / or people take parts of skyline and
make blocks inspired by it / or use kona as a unifying color
· Next meeting October 12
· Next month’s swap: Table Runner Swap; must be Autumn or Halloween inspired; no signups; Dimensions 15x35
Books recommendations – Gillian brought farmer’s wife. She’s been working on blocks, check out her blog to see her progress.
Color Theory demo by Victoria.
Doll Quilt swap
Show and Tell
|First quilt made by Christy's daughter: "Teenager!"|
|Danielle's Habitat Challenge sewing machine cover.|